Athletic Forms & Deadlines
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR ALL STUDENTS INTERESTED IN PLAYING SPORTS AT LINWOOD
(ALL INFORMATION, PAPERWORK, REGISTRATION, AND SPORTS PHYSICAL CLEARANCE
CAN BE FOUND on FAMILY.ID.COM)
To Participate in Sports, please -
Step 1: Register with Family ID
Step 2: Print and Submit Proper Medical Forms
(links to forms are found in Family ID)
- Pre-Participation Physical Exam - All athletes must have a current Pre-Participation Physical on record with the nurse. This physical is valid for one year from the date of the examination and must be current (not expired) at the time of the first practice.
- Seasonal Health History Update - A Seasonal Health Update is required for students who already have an current, approved physical older than 90 days on file in the nurse's office.
- Injury/Illness Notes - Students with recent injuries, illnesses or on-going medical conditions may also be asked to provide relevant clearance notes from their physician prior to participation.
Action Required: All Physical, Health History forms and notes should be submitted to the nurse by due dates. Forms received after these dates may not be cleared in time for tryouts. Incomplete submissions cannot be processed and will be returned. Corrected forms should be re-submitted ASAP for processing.
Drop Off Location: Linwood Nurse's Office
Family ID Registration Process:
Go to www.FamilyID.com
Follow these steps:
- To find your program, click on the link provided by the Organization above and select the registration form under the word Programs.
- Next click on the green Register Now button and scroll, if necessary, to the Create Account/Log In green buttons. If this is your first time using FamilyID, click Create Account. Click Log In, if you already have a FamilyID account.
- Create your secure FamilyID account by entering the account owner First and Last names (parent/guardian), E-mail address and password. Select I Agree to the FamilyID Terms of Service. Click Create Account.
- You will receive an email with a link to activate your new account. (If you don’t see the email, check your E-mail filters (spam, junk, etc.).
- Click on the link in your activation E-mail, which will log you in to FamilyID.com
- Once in the registration form, complete the information requested. All fields with a red* are required to have an answer.
- Click the Save & Continue button when your form is complete.
- Review your registration summary.
- Click the green Submit button. After selecting ‘Submit’, the registration will be complete. You will receive a completion email from FamilyID confirming your registration.
At any time, you may log in at www.familyid.com to update your information and to check your registration(s).
To view a completed registration, select the 'Registration' tab on the blue bar.
- If you need assistance with registration, contact FamilyID at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 888-800-5583 x1.
- Support is available 7 days per week and messages will be returned promptly.
Athletic Physical & Form Deadlines for 2019-2020
|Season - Athletic Team||Begin Date to Submit Forms||Deadline to Submit Forms||Date Practice/Tryouts Begin|
|Fall – Football||May 14, 2019||July 12, 2019||August 14, 2019|
|Fall – Boys/Girls Soccer, Cheerleading, Boys/Girls Cross Country||June 9, 2019||August 9, 2019||CROSS COUNTRY September 6, 2019 ALL OTHER SPORTS September 9, 2019|
|Winter – Boys/Girls Basketball, Cheerleading, Wrestling||September 2, 2019||November 1, 2019||BOYS BASKETBALL November 25, 2019 ALL OTHERS DECEMBER 2,2019|
|Spring – Baseball, Softball, Boys/Girls Lacrosse||December 9, 2020||February 7, 2020||March 9, 2020|
Athletic Physicals Information
SCHOLASTIC STUDENT-ATHLETE SAFETY ACT INFORMATION FACT SHEET FOR PARENTS/GUARDIANS
Prior to participation on a school-sponsored interscholastic or intramural athletic team or squad, each student-athlete in grades six through 12 must present a completed pre-participation physical evaluation (PPE) form to the designated school staff member. Important information regarding the PPE is provided below, and you should feel free to share with your child’s medical home health care provider.
1. The PPE may ONLY be completed by a licensed physician, advanced practice nurse (APN) or physician assistant (PA) that has completed the Student-Athlete Cardiac Assessment professional development module. It is recommended that you verify that your medical provider has completed this module before scheduling an appointment for a PPE.
2. The required PPE must be conducted within 365 days prior to the first official practice in an athletic season. The PPE form is available in English and Spanish at http://www.state.nj.us/education/students/safety/health/records/athleticphysicalsform.pdf.
3. The parent/guardian must complete the History Form (page one), and insert the date of the required physical examination at the top of the page.
4. The parent/guardian must complete The Athlete with Special Needs: Supplemental History Form (page two), if applicable, for a student with a disability that limits major life activities, and insert the date of the required physical examination on the top of the page.
5. The licensed physician, APN or PA who performs the physical examination must complete the remaining two pages of the PPE, and insert the date of the examination on the Physical Examination Form (page three) and Clearance Form (page four).
6. The licensed physician, APN or PA, must also sign the certification statement on PPE attesting to the completion of the professional development module. Each board of education and charter school or nonpublic school governing authority must retain the original signed certification on the PPE form to attest to the qualification of the licensed physician, APN or PA to perform the PPE.
7. The school district must provide written notification to the parent/guardian, signed by the school physician, indicating approval of the student’s participation in a school-sponsored interscholastic or intramural athletic team or squad based upon review of the medical report, or must provide the reason(s) for the disapproval of the student’s participation.
8. For student-athletes that had a medical examination completed more than 90 days prior to the first official practice in an athletic season, the Health History Update Questionnaire (HHQ) form must be completed, and signed by the student’s parent/guardian. The HHQ must be reviewed by the school nurse and, if applicable, the school’s athletic trainer. The HHQ is available at http://www.state.nj.us/education/students/safety/health/records/HealthHistoryUpdate.pdf.
9. Once all forms are completed and ready to be submitted, please go to our Family ID page to register your child for their particular sport.
For more information, please review the Frequently Asked Questions which are available at http://www.state.nj.us/education/students/safety/health/services/athlete/faq.pdf.